In the 2017-18 calendar year, the Centre will conduct several specialized online courses throughout the year on the basis of annual cycles. The courses can either be taken as stand-alone independent courses, or as part of our Professional Development Diploma in Human Rights and Forced Displacement or as part of the Professional Development Diploma in Sustainable Development and Human Rights. Participants will receive certificates from the Centre upon successful completion of the courses. Each of these courses can also be taken for 2 graduate academic credits offered by UPEACE. The descriptions and the enrollment procedure for the courses can be found on the links below.
1. Forced Migration and Human Rights: 07 March – 17 April, 2018 (Last Completed Cycle: 1 March – 11 April, 2017)
2. Development and Human Rights: 21 March – 01 May, 2018 (Last Completed Cycle: 15 March – 25 April, 2017)
3. Trafficking in Persons: 2 May – 12 June, 2018 (Last Completed Cycle: 26 April – 6 June, 2017 )
4. Business, Human Rights, and Development: 16 May – 26 June, 2018 (Last Completed Cycle: 10 May-20 June, 2017)
5. Protection of Refugees: 4 July – 14 August, 2018 (Last Completed Cycle: 28 June – 08 August, 2017)
6. Child Rights and Development: 18 July – 28 August, 2018 (Last Completed Cycle: 12 July – 22 August, 2017)
Each course will be six weeks long, and will include lectures by instructors either in recorded or webinar formats. Admissions in each course are restricted to 25 participants, and enrollments will be based on a combination of first-come-first-served criteria along with other factors such as qualifications, work experience, motivation, gender and regional representation.